Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Whats your opinion of accupuncture?

My hubby and I had it 2 days ago for muscle relaxation, anxiety. We're going to try it to give up smoking. Any stories?
Answer:
it works..but if you have it in your mind set that its not going to work, then it probably won't..only because the mind is the most powerful thing. you have to be patient, too, with all alternative therapues because they work on a spiritual level and they dont make you 'symptoms' disappear the way western medicine does. they address the person as a whole, and in order for the person to heal first they have to want to heal and then they have to believe they will.
The body of scientific evidence behind accupuncture is enormous. There are even published radio isotope studies which provide evidence that the accupuncture points exist and are completely valid. They can also be proven using the same kind of skin voltage measuring technology that makes devices like the EKG possible.
i have had acupuncture for muscle cramps, problems with my feet, knees and back, PCOS %26 related problems, headaches and general achiness. i have found NOTHING that works nearly so well. there are no side effects and the treatments themselves are very relaxing. acupuncture is awesome!
I've heard from friends it is great and has helped them. A family member of mine is having Laser acupuncture (It is a new kind of treatment) instead of using traditional needles in the skin they zap the same area with a laser and only use a couple of needles at different points. It has made a big difference to her chronic pain.
I can tell you what I have experienced. My father had back pain from a fractured vertebrae in his back that did not heal properly. He was on pain pills for years. As a last resort he tried acupunture treatments. I don't know how many treatments but today, his back pain is gone. Myself? I had cyatic nerve pain shooting down my leg. It came from sitting for hours on a wooden stool. It made my life miserable. I felt like I was being electrocuted. A friend of mine was going to acupuncture school and treated me. After two or three treatments I was cured. No more pain since. Will acupuncture heal everything, everytime? No, probably not, that's asking to much; but from my own experience, I have become a spokesperson for acupuncture. It is great!
I LOVE it!I have used accupuncture for years, and have done it on myself to a limited extent.I would always recommend accupuncture or any alternative healing method as a supplement to proper health care.About 20 years ago there was a segment on 60 minutes about a accupuncturist who used accupuncture to help heroin addicts break their addiction to Heroin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


What is the © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net